When you try to print to Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 7, you receive the “Driver Not Installed” error message when your printer was working properly while you were running Windows Vista? The cause of this problem is that your drivers are outdated and can be easily resolved by downloading and installing the latest printer drivers. In this part we will explain these drivers, then go through the process of downloading and installing new ones.
Printer driver 101
Windows requires a certain type of software to communicate with your printer. This software is your driver. Without the right Windows can not talk to your printer. Sometimes, if you have many updates or have upgraded to a newer version of Windows, you may need to upgrade to a newer version of the printer drivers for your printer to work properly.
To download and install the latest printer drivers
The first thing you need to do is take a good look at your printer and write down the make and model of the printer. Some printer manufacturers: Canon, HP, Lexmark, Epson and Samsung. Examples of models: HP Deskjet D2660, Canon Pixma MP560 and Lexmark Interact S605. The make and model are somewhere on the printer.
1. Once you have the brand and model, do a web search and search the manufacturer’s website.
2. On the manufacturer’s website you have to choose where you want to go. For example, on Canon’s website, you must select “Consumer & Home Office” while you select “Printers & All-in-One” on the Epson website.
3. From here you should see a driver & support or similar menu option, click on the menu and select your option.
4. Now you will be able to choose your model. Is your printer an all-in-one? A laser printer? These are all things you need to know as they can categorize the printer manufacturers.
5. Once you have tracked your driver, you will want to store it in a place that you will remember. Before you save, look at the file type. End in exe?
6. If the file you have saved is an EXE file, just double-click the file and it will be updated to the latest printer drivers. If the file ends in something else, you still have to go a few steps.
7. Go to Start.
8. Select Control Panel.
9. Devices and printers.
10. Right-click on the printer and open the properties.
11. Select the Hardware tab.
12. Click the Properties button.
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. Click New Driver.
15. Follow the steps in the Add Printer Driver Wizard.
An easier way to update the latest printer drivers
Technology always finds ways to make our lives easier. Today we have software that will find, download and install the latest printer drivers for us. In any case, it’s a good idea to learn the safest and most effective ways to update your computer.
Any help about printer drivers, Visit http://printerdriversinstaller.com/